Saturday, May 06, 2006

new(ish) news

I've been invited to visit the Dulwich Library Readers' Group on 29th June. It's my birthday on that day so I'm cravenly using that in the hope they'll go easy on me! I've never done a session to a reading group before - previous readings have been at my launch party and at Vox 'n' Roll sessions. I'm assuming a reading group will be much harder to please ...
Meanwhile it feels very strange going into the library doing the usual book borrowing/returning thing and see my name on a big poster - while simultaneously being aware that the person stamping my book has no idea that I am she! I could of course sieze the opportunity to say, 'Do you know who I am?' but that's hardly my style ...
Fortuitously, I'm going to a Society of Authors seminar on giving readings on 15th May.
Between all this, setting up complex spreadsheets to check G's wages for last year (they're wrong!), organising dad's return home from hospital, (thinking about) doing last year's accounts, preparing for Joe's SATS (bah humbug!), blogging etc, there's notalotta time left over for writing. Nevertheless, Depth Charge is crawling along ...